Thursday, September 23, 2010

cheesecake before sandwich.

it’s 12:30 exactly, i just checked the time on my cell. i have about a half hour to eat before i need to go to my next class and i swear this line isn’t moving at all. my head is pounding likely because i’m dehydrated and starving. fortunately, the guys behind me in line are having an interesting conversation. i’m considering chiming in with my own thoughts about their awesome ideas, but it’s too embarrassing to admit that i am eavesdropping and so i stay silently looking forward. finally, i’m next in line. heck yes! i’m gonna get the delicious turkey harvest sandwich and a slice of cheesecake. oh! come on. i can’t believe this guy, in-front of me, didn’t use the 10 minutes we waited to decide what he wants. did i just hear my name? ok i’m loosing it, thats how hungry i am and how bad this headache is. wait, that totally sounds like my name. 
so as it turns out someone was saying my name. it was my former roommate, ren. i love her! she lovingly bounded up to me and gave me a huge hug and insisted that i sit with her and her friend. we had a wonderful little chat over lunch. i ate a few bites of my cheesecake first and then my sandwich. sitting there chatting with friends i wonder why most people wait to have dessert. is it to save the best for last? or just because that's how it has always been done? i like to be a bit different. why wait til you’re too full to  enjoy the sweetness of life? i have a bit of dessert first. 
4. eat a bit of dessert first. enjoy the sweetness of life when you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment