Wednesday, November 24, 2010

hours and hours later.

i'm typing this blog post under the most strange and marvelous conditions. first of all it is 1:48am. secondly, i'm sitting in 15C my assigned seat on a detla flight, enjoying a fizzy cup of ginger ale and gourmet center biscoff cookies (which are wonderfully delicious i highly recommended them). thats right! i'm using the internet in the sky. i'm pretty sure if this were a different day and age, i might been shun for writing such blaspheme and at the very least scoffed at for talking about writing something people can see instantly while flying.
it's interesting when i notice just how ungrateful i am. seriously, how many modern conveniences are taken for granted or no longer even sees as a convenience. i know that i catch myself complaining about slow internet on an almost daily basis, but i rarely am overjoyed when i can share videos and pictures with my family instantly. i'm quick to forget just how blessed my life is. 
the situation in-which i am even making this post is an excellent opportunity for me to reflect on the wonders of life. i'm flying home for thanksgiving. i get to spend a week with my family and all i had to do was show up at the airport. sure, it wasn't the easiest flight experience i've ever had, but really?!? all i had to do was get a ride to the airport, take off my shoes walk through a metal detector, wait in some lines and try to be patient as the members of my flight and i waited 7hours to be able to board. it was really hard not to complain about boredom, orange juice prices, inopportune snow fall...but i was warm, nor was i hungry or thirsty, and i was still able to get on a flight and by the time i land in my beautiful home town it will have taken me only 9hours. 
if i had to walk home it would take a modern girl like me a year. driving the trip takes 12 hours on a minimum, so i'm still getting there sooner and safer than that option. 
plenty of my friends aren't going home for thanksgiving this year because of the blizzardous weather or cost or lack of mode of transportation. i get to. 
many people are starving and parched. i am neither. 
well...we are started into the descend. so i'm afraid that is all i have time to write.
21. blogging in the sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment